Another recipe contest is here! This time it's a chili cookoof; once again hosted by Tami over at Running with Tweezers.
I tried to think a little outside the box for this one, but not too far. I do love my "traditional" chili. So, to mix it up a bit I used bratwurst sausage instead of the usual ground beef or turkey. I'll say that the delicious flavor of the sausage worked out well and made for a wonderful bowl of chili.
Here's how you too can enjoy this wonderful Bratwurst chili. You'll need:
- 3 stadium brats, like Johnsonville
- 1 can Pabst Blue Ribbon
- 1 medium onion(diced)
- 2 orange bell peppers(diced)
- 1 15oz can of Kidney Beans(drained and rinsed)
- 1 15oz can of Black Beans(drained and rinsed)
- 1 15oz can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 28 oz can of Diced Tomatoes (drained)
- 3 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
Now, here's what to do:
- Remove the sausage from it's casing and pinch it into bite sized pieces.
- Sautee the sausage in stock pot over medium heat till cooked through, then drain in a colander.
- Add onions and peppers to the stock pot and sautee for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add sausage, beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, can of beer and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for about an hour.
This recipe should serve four people or just two lunatics. Enjoy!