Friday, May 25, 2007

Oregon Trail?

A dream about travelling! Don't get too excited just yet. Again some of the details are fuzzy; in fact, a lot of the details are fuzzy. I guess my "brain" is still working out the kinks. The gist of the dream was that I was staying with a weird pseudo-Brady bunch type family. I had come home to a wild buzz in the household. The 'family' had decided to go all the way to Oregon for a family trip. I remember getting excited about going, as I've never been to the Northwest. Excitement wore off as I discovered that I would have to drive out there by myself, in my own car. Throw in the whole distance thing and you've got one daunting drive ahead of you. Thoughts started overwhelming me. Where are we going specifically? What towns are we going to stop in on the way? There didn't seem to be any time to figure any of this out. We were leaving NOW. Okay, so I got in my car and left. As I was driving I heard on the radio or maybe it was my cel phone, that the 'mom' lady was driving a golf cart that got some ridiculous mileage, like 50 mpg. All I could think was, "that's great, but your ass ain't gonna get far on a fucking golf cart." That's all I remember.

Who's excited about the holiday weekend? Celebrate those who fought in the world's great conflicts and those who are still fighting today. Thank your service men and women if you should see one. These people and their families are the one's that are taking the brunt of W's stupidity.

No comments: