Friday, April 13, 2007

Fight Club!?

I'll take what I can get. The setting was a classroom. A group of us were sitting at desks; two groups actually. I soon realized that I had joined up with some sort of "Fight Club." Two groups of people were going to fight each other this day. Not a mass brawl, but one on one bouts; opponents randomly selected from each team. As I sat at my desk and let all this sink in, I got extremely nervous. The rules, as they were laid out, were quite disturbing. Choose any weapon you want and the person that draws first blood wins. This was serious shit. I had no desire to make somebody bleed much less kill; nor did I want the same for myself.
I chose a sword and a rifle as my weapons of choice. I figured all my bases would be covered that way. Then one of the organizers took up all the sharp weapons and carried them off. It was explained to us that they would be sterilized for our benefit. As I sat there, I sized up my opponents in the other group. Trying to see who I thought I could beat and who looked like trouble. Then the announcement came; I would be fighting in the first bout. Oh no! I hate going first! I walked to the front of the room to meet my opponent. Another man, slightly shorter than myself. I don't remember much about him, just that he had dark hair. We were asked to get our weapons from the pile under the table. I got my sword and rifle; only to discover that he had chosen the same things! I asked, "Well, now how is this going to work? We both have guns?" As if him not having a gun would have been fair! He explained that when this happens, he likes to see who can shoot the other person in the foot first, from a certain distance of course. I told him that was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard of and proceeded to stab him with my sword! I didn't give him a full on stab, just a poke really to make him bleed. So, I won for what it's worth.
It's nice to have the dreams back. Actually, when I awoke, I couldn't remember anything. Then as I lay there thinking about random shit it came to me. I was a mixed bag of emotions; excited that I remembered and "wha?" about the dream itself. It's Friday! I'm gonna go have fun in the sun and work too! Have an awesome one!

No comments: