Sunday, March 4, 2007

Express Yourself

Okay, so I found out where all the names for the days of the week came from. It seems, no matter what area of the world, Sunday and Monday are named for the Sun and Moon. The other days of the week are named, for the most part, after gods. The old English based names for the days of the week are derived from Norse and Germanic deities. These are the names English speaking folks are most familiar with. However, in the romance languages, french and Spanish, for example, they are based on Greek and or roman gods. The best, I think, came from Iceland. There weekdays are named for certain activities. Like their word for Tuesday would mean "laundry day" if translated literally. I might not have all my facts straight on this as I read about it yesterday on Wiki. Just go there and search "days of the week" if you would like to read the whole thing.
Now, for the dream I had last night! I was running! The whole dream I was running! Oddly enough, I wasn't running from anything this time. I was running for the fun/exercise of it. I had an old friend with me too. This all makes sense, as we went out last night and had not hung out in about two years. Anyway, we ran and ran, there were lots of flowers. Tulips I think, brightly colored, through parks, up stairs down stairs etc etc. Then I saw the girl that I had been seeing recently, she was running up some stairs. I had never seen anyone run that quickly up a flight of stairs without skipping steps. I decided to follow her and catsup with her. When I did she was not happy. I got the whole "are you following me?!" treatment. I said, "No, I just wanted to say hello." She seemed pretty pissed about the whole thing, so, I just went back to running. Oh, that reminds me, I was wearing jeans and a sweater, not your typical jogging gear. That's that, good dream really, I can still see the flowers!
Now, I must rant about something that happened yesterday afternoon in the "waking" world. I had been thinking about something this past week that had my mind in an upheaval, a real emotional twister if you will. Yesterday, I was able to address the issue with the person it concerned. I've never been good at expressing my feelings, but I think I did a good job of it yesterday. After I had done this, I had the most unusual feeling. I felt like I had just thrown up. I know that sounds gross, but it's true and the closest thing I can think of to describe how I felt. It was a good feeling, as if I had vomited up all my troubles. I think a lesson has been learned here.
Enjoy your last day of the weekend! There's less than twenty-four hours till Monday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ah...emotional vomit...what could be better than that? lol...actually, i know just what you mean...the physical release of getting that off your chest is great..hey, maybe that's why they say "off your chest"...anyway glad it worked out for you....just don't become an emotional bulimic...lol