Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Let the Forgivering Commence

So, forgive me for not posting yesterday and good morning. Sunday night was a night of restless sleep that not even an old episode of Star Trek could fix. I feel better today, despite having to get up at 5:30. I know, I know; it's bullshit if there ever was some. I have to be at work by 7:00 today, blah, blah, blah.
Combine that with not being able to recall my dreams again and you've got one cranky boy. I've come to the conclusion that the key is to wake up and then go back to sleep for about an hour.
So, since I cannot entertain you with any bizarre dreams, let me tell you that roller derby kicks ass! Sunday night was a blast. It took me a bit to get the general concept and figure out the rules. Once I got all that down, I was all about me some roller derby! These girls don't fuck around! We were able to sit right next to the track and almost got crashed into several times. The most serious accident of the night happened right in front of us. One of the girls went down and took a skate to the head. Paramedics are on hand for such things thank god. It was later determined that she was okay, they took her to the E.R. just as a precaution. Turns out she was a librarian too; just goes to show it's a sport for everybody.
Just a reminder; Friday is Groundhog Day. Make sure you have a Woodchuck in honor of this most important of useless holidays. I find it amazing that a large rodent has the power to determine the length of winter. If this is the case, then why aren't people bringing offerings and sacrifices to this most powerful of rodents?!
Everybody have an awesome day today! I'm gonna go look for my Forgiverer.

No comments: