Friday, January 19, 2007

The Mall is a F'd up Place

So, this is what 6a.m. is like? Not very exciting. Good day for the blog though. I went into the bathroom to check the 'fro and it's a wild one. The picture doesn't really get the full effect. Coffee is in hand and I think I've got a good idea of what that last dream was about.
Seems I was headed to the mall, what looked, or was supposed to be one of the local malls. Spooky dream world ambiance here. Night time with a weird greenish/blue glow all around. So, I'm driving and noticing that they've been real busy adding on to the mall, saw a really cool looking theatre outside the mall, lots of pretty trees, everything seemed new and clean. Upon getting to the actual mall area, I soon realized that I had not pulled into a parking deck but the mall itself. Doh! I quickly did a U turn and drove out of the mall. Seems nobody noticed. Whew! Off I went to the parking deck. It was dark, dirty; the kind of parking deck you don't want to be in late at night. I decided to park as close to the entrance as possible. However, this was an expensive proposition, as each parking spot was labeled with a price painted on the ground. I decided to park in a spot that was around $120. Seems good spots have their price! I don't recall the walk from the car to the entrance, but I do recall going into the mall. If the outside of the mall looked Utopian, the inside of the mall was something out of RoboCop. Dirty white tiles, trash on the floor, but I kept walking. Once through the entrance/lobby area, the mall took on more normal features. Clean, well lit, lots of shops and what not. Quickly I realized that I didn't want to be at the mall and had no reason to be there. I turned around and headed back out. This is the weird part. Back in the rundown entrance area, a naked street urchin type man approached me. It was obvious he was hurting for a fix of something. He asked me for some pot and I told him I didn't have any. Then I saw somebody behind him, another person with a camera. This person was snapping pictures of the homeless guy. Maybe that's not too weird, but I can't really describe what that guy looked like. It's hard to convey these images at times, but I have an imprint in my mind, creepy. That's all I remember. Overall, I'd say it was a good one; not frightening, just weird at times.
TGIF! I wish everyone an excellent weekend.

No comments: