Friday, February 9, 2007

Old Man Winter: JackAss

Winter weather advisory today. Freezing all day, watch out for rain and sleet after noon. I love waking up to good news. The work shall go on! Getting up in the morning, more precisely, getting out of bed on a cold day, is not unlike being born. Mind you, I've never given birth, so spare me your horror stories. I thought about it this morning. One wakes up in the dark, all warm and cozy, things couldn't be better. Then there is a shocking transition from a dark, warm safe place to a cold bright one. Granted there's no crying, well not most days anyway. It is very important to go straight to the teet of the coffee maker as it is comforting and eases the transition. Also, just as important, it's good to investigate the body that you're walking around in. This is usually done by rubbing different parts, scratching and what not. Hopefully no one will ever have to cut me out of my bed; that would be traumatic! Enjoy your respective Friday adventures people. Oh, I'm sorry I've not posted in a few days. I had trouble remembering to bring the camera in from the car.

No comments: