Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day

February 14th, Valentine's Day. What does this mean? A day when we are socially inclined to present gifts to loved ones to let them know how much they mean to us. This drives the masses to make foolish purchases such as roses. Roses are the most overrated flower in the world. In my humble opinion, there are more beautiful flowers out there and some that smell better than the tired rose. I have always avoided making outlandish purchases for this holiday. So far I've only received one card, aka Valentine. It came in the mail yesterday, from mom. It's very cute; inside the card there are parts to assemble a firetruck. My mom has challenged me to assemble it to see if I still have "all of the dexterity and mechanical ability you had as a child." Once assembled I will post a picture of it; should be simple enough. My only concern is trying not to damage the pieces when punching them out of the card.
No dreams to report on today; that sucks. Not only does that suck, it's only 20 degrees outside today! ARGH! I hope that little cupid bastard freezes his nuts off. May you all have a pleasant Valentine's day. If you've got a crush on somebody I hope you got them something as this is the one day of the year that's designed for such a thing.

No comments: